Purpose-built for high performance hyperscale workloads
Positioning: The Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor powered PowerEdge C6420 is ideal for high performance hyperscale workloads.
Key Fact: With 4 nodes in a 2U chassis, it maximizes density, scalability, and energy efficiency per U.
Technical computing customers looking to maximize compute power with a dense, flexible server architecture:
• High Performance Computing
• Web Tech / SaaS
• Hyper Converged Infrastructure
• Financial Modeling
• Data Analytics
Increasing density and flexibility for
HPC customers seeking better
efficiency in their datacenters
• Existing customers transitioning from
PowerEdge C6300 Chassis / C6320
• Customers using competitive 2U 4
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
Insufficient performance and/or power/cooling capacity to support growing computational complexity
• Limited flexibility in scaling up and out for HPC / Web Tech / SaaS applications
• Custom solutions limit the speed of scaling infrastructure and makes management complex
Maximize performance density with up to four dual socket compute nodes in a 2 U FF
• Optimize data center energy use Direct Liquid Cooling technology and support high performance and dense server configurations
• Multiple chassis offerings for up to 24 x 2.5” drives/ 12 x 3.5” drives or diskless chassis along with a 2 node expander chassis.
• Advanced management and scripting support with integrated iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller and Redfish API
• Utilizing the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor with up to 28 compute cores, increased memory bandwidth with six memory channels and I/O improvements of 48 lanes for significant increase in PCIe bandwidth.