Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise is an intuitive infrastructure management console. It is designed to take the complexity out of IT infrastructure management. It delivers better results with less time and fewer steps. OpenManage Enterprise helps IT professionals balance time and energy between complex IT infrastructure and business goals.
Reduce the time and effort required to manage IT environments seamlessly with one unified tool
- Monitor third-party infrastructure in the same tool
- Require minimal training through an intuitive dashboard and elastic search engine
- Reduce repetitive tasks with templates
- Deploy as a secure virtual appliance, supporting ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM environments
- Comprehensive RESTful API enables customizable automation and solution integration
- Integrate the OpenManage Mobile application to receive alerts anytime, anywhere
Simplify: Reduce learning time with HTML5 GUI with an elastic search engine. It navigates to critical information and tasks more comfortable and quicker. The automatable processes, templates and policies can be created and edited through a simple menu-driven method.
Unify: Manage up to 8,000 PowerEdge servers and monitor networking, storage, and third-party devices. The innovative plugin design provides future extendibility. Through the same interface, plugins can be easily installed, updated and disabled. The first plugin will be OpenManage Enterprise – Power Manager.
Automate: From discovery to retirement, activities can be managed in the same console. In minutes, devices can be deployed automatically with templates.
Secure: Security is always the top priority. To protect your infrastructure, OpenManage Enterprise detects drift from a user-defined configuration template, alerts users, and remediates misconfigurations based on pre-setup policies.
Licensing for Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise
Pre-requisite: iDRAC Express or iDRAC Enterprise
Use of Dell OpenManage Enterprise to monitor devices is free. Use of advanced features requires the OpenManage Enterprise Advanced license is installed on the target server. The OpenManage Enterprise Advanced license is a perpetual license that is valid for the life of a server, and can be bound to the Service Tag of only one server at a time.
|OpenManage Enterprise Base version||Basic management and monitoring for Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers and 3rd party devices||NA|
|OpenManage Enterprise Advanced License (includes Power Manager plugin)||All base features plus, advanced infrastructure automation, management and monitoring for Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers||Perpetual|
OpenManage Enterprise Advanced licensed based features
Automated deployment: Deploy PowerEdge servers automatically with service tags or node IDs.
Configuration and drift detection: Create firmware and configuration baselines for compliance monitoring and enable automated scheduled updates.
Enhanced modular management: Capture and edit chassis templates using the intuitive OpenManage Enterprise user interface.
Active available plugins, such as Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise Power Manager. The Power Manager plugin can be easily installed and enables streamlined power management through the OpenManage Enterprise console.
Benefits in the advanced license:
• Consolidated power management: Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise Power Manager is included in the advanced license. The Power Manager plugin can be easily installed and enables streamlined power management through the OpenManage Enterprise console
• Automated deployment: Deploy PowerEdge servers automatically with service tags or node IDs
• Enhanced modular management: Capture and edit chassis templates using the intuitive OpenManage Enterprise user interface
• Configuration and drift detection: Create firmware and configuration baselines for compliance monitoring and enable automated updates on your schedule