Optimize for your workloads with the ultimate dense scale-out infrastructure
Easily and rapidly scale the resources your organization requires with the modular FX architecture. At the foundation, the FX2 chassis combines the density and efficiencies of blades with the simplicity and cost advantages of rack-based systems. Build the configuration of compute, storage and networking that meets your unique needs.
Perfect for performance environments:
- Large data centers
- Software-defined storage
- Clustered database
- Big data analytics
- Anything as a service (XaaS)
- Private cloud
Scale incrementally with powerful blocks of resources
The FX2 features shared, redundant power and cooling; I/O fabric; and management infrastructure to service flexible blocks of compute and storage resources.
- Comes in 2U rack mount form factor that can be configured to hold 4 half-width, 8 quarter-width sleds or 2 full width sleds.
- Supports up to eight low-profile PCI Express (PCIe) Gen 3 expansion slots.
- Hosts redundant, quad-port pass-through GbE or 10GbE I/O modules. Option to replace these modules with FN I/O aggregators designed to add functionality and simplicity, reduce cost.
Sustain your business and grow with intelligent automation
Simplify building and managing your data center with Dell EMC systems management tools. Dell EMC’s OpenManage systems management portfolio, used across other PowerEdge servers, can be used with the FX2, or leverage embedded chassis management.
- Perform automated deployments, and updates with agent-free iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller.
- Simplify with the new OpenManage Enterprise console, with custom reports and automatic discovery.
- Enable easy collective or individual server management with the embedded Chassis Management Controller (CMC).
Protect with built-in PowerEdge security
Secure and harden your FX environment with the PowerEdge server cyber-resilient architecture. Use integrated features that consider each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free, secure systems.
- Rely on a secure supply chain that protects servers from factory to the data center.
- Protect configurations and firmware from malicious changes with Server Lock-down.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware and Secure Boot.
- Wipe all data from storage media quickly and securely with System Erase.