Modular 7U chassis for PowerEdge MX kinetic infrastructure
Dynamically scale and respond to changing needs
Positioning: Hardware foundation of the PowerEdge MX, designed from the ground up for kinetic infrastructure.
Key Fact: Uniquely designed to support new processor technologies, new storage types and fabric advances well into the future.
Dell EMC M1000e installed base or former customers.
• HPE Synergy and BladeSystem installed base; this is estimated to be thousands of customers representing $10B in hardware.
• Cisco UCS installed base; this is estimated to be thousands of customers representing $8B in aging Cisco hardware.
• Customers exploring a modular form factor with ability to integrate traditional rack servers into single architecture.
• Customers looking for common infrastructure that optimizes both traditional and emerging workloads.
• Customers considering a softwaredefined modern architecture such as VMware vSAN.
• Customers looking for cloud-like velocity and serviceability with speed, reliability and security of on-premises.
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
• Scalability – meeting unknown demands with existing infrastructure investments.
• Uptime – maintaining reliable infrastructure, minimizing/ eliminating significant business impacts.
• Management – enabling daily management and IT operations that is simple, scalable and secure.
• Security – keeping infrastructure secure from both internal and external threats as they emerge.
• Support for at least 3 future generation of server processor technologies.
• Unique no midplane design; direct compute to I/O module connectivity means zero throughput limitations and streamlines future technology upgrades without operation disruption.
• Low-latency, cost efficient end-to-end 25Gb Ethernet; ready for 400GbE and beyond.
• Unique chassis airflow to support storagerich, full-feature compute sleds, now and into future, via 2 separate cooling zones with 5 rear and 4 front fans.
• 14G security designed-in, not bolted on.