Efficient, feature-rich 2-socket modular server for PowerEdge MX
High performance with density for exceptional scalability
Positioning: Flexible and dense compute resources for virtualization, collaborative and software-defined workloads in a 2-socket, single-width sled.
Key Fact: A maximum of eight MX740c sleds can be installed in the MX7000 chassis, providing 448 physical cores, up to 192 DDR4 DIMMs with 24TB max memory, supports up to 12 slots for Intel® OptaneTM persistent memory DCPMM (6.1TB) with max capacity of 7.68TB per server, with up to 48 2.5-inch SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) or Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD drives.
All PowerEdge MX customers, plus…
• Large to medium data centers.
• OpEx challenged customers looking to maximize energy and space savings.
• Ideal for virtualization and as a foundation for collaborative and software-defined workloads.
Customers that require maximum flexibility in their on-premises data centers. IT organizations that need:
• Large memory footprint, highly scalable I/O capacity, rich set of storage options.
• To deploy projects in an incremental fashion.
• A workload centric approach to resource allocation.
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
• Scale up and down quickly, improve utilization rates (only use what an application requires).
• Limited room for physical IT growth; need to control data center sprawl and expansion.
• Eliminate siloed management; increase automation to drive better efficiency.
• No compromise, 4-socket compute sled; 2X more local server storage than top tier competitors, plus more NVMe drives.
• Thermal capacity to support highperformance, high-TDP 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
• Flexible and efficient workhorse with large memory and rich storage options.
• Optional Internal Dual SD module (IDSDM) or Boot Optimized Storage Solution (BOSS-S1).
• Innovative iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller agent-free management capability for easy lifecycle management.