Powerful scale-up server for exceptionally demanding use cases
Rapidly transform data analytics into business outcomes
PowerEdge MX840c Compute Sled Positioning: Elastic compute resources for database-driven mission-critical applications and performance workloads in a 4-socket, double-width sled.
Key Fact: A maximum of four MX840c sleds can be installed in the MX7000 chassis, providing 448 physical cores, up to 192 DDR4 DIMMs with 24TB max memory, supports up to 24 slots for Intel® OptaneTM persistent memory DCPMM (12.2TB) with max capacity of 15.36TB per server, with up to 32 2.5-inch SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) or Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD drives.
All PowerEdge MX customers, plus…
• Large to medium data centers.
• OpEx challenged customers looking to maximize energy and space savings.
• Perfect for demanding, databasedriven and performance workloads.
Customers that require maximum flexibility in their on-premises data centers. IT organizations that need:
• Exceptionally large memory capacity and highly expandable storage subsystem.
• To deploy projects in an incremental fashion.
• An architecture that can be tuned to specific workload needs now and in the future.
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
• Reduce over-provisioning, scale out quickly, reduce time of deployment of new workloads.
• Control capital expenditures, operational costs and data center sprawl and expansion.
• Simplify administration, streamline the day-to-day operations.
• No compromise, 4-socket compute sled; 2X more local server storage than top tier competitors, plus more NVMe drives.
• Thermal capacity to support highperformance, high-TDP 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
• High performance and scalability with exceptionally large memory and highly expandable storage.
• Optional Internal Dual SD module (IDSDM) or Boot Optimized Storage Solution (BOSS-S1).
• Innovative iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller agent-free management capability for easy lifecycle management.