You can monitor user network activity of each network user as a report for the period of time you want starting from the period of last 30 days to an hourly specification of user activities. The information presented in the report includes the number of visited web addresses, email messages, instant messenger conversations, received or sent files and requests. You may view the details of each data type by clicking it.
To monitor user network activity, click in the User activities panel area on the program start page or click User activity on the program toolbar.
In the left part of the user network activity window, you will see the list of network users generated on the basis of user cards that were created in the Administrator Console.
- Filtering user list
- User list view mode
Filtering user list
By default, the list contains all users irrespective of their employment period. You can select a corresponding command on the All users menu to show/hide currently working or redundant users, as well as users with active sessions on the computers controlled by agent.
Besides, you can find the necessary user card in the list by entering the corresponding name, email address or user’s computer FQDN in the search box. Filtering user list will start with the first symbol entered; with each additional symbol entered, all the irrelevant results will be excluded from the user list. To clear the search results and return to the full user list, delete text from the Find user field.
User list view mode
You can select a desired mode for viewing network users.
- To view all users as a simple list, click View mode on the toolbar and then click List view.
- To have users displayed as user cards with photos, click View mode and then click Card view.
- To have users displayed by administrative user groups, click View mode and then click Group by company/department view.
- Viewing and modifying information in user cards
Viewing and modifying information in user cards
The Modify user card window contains the following tabs: General, Network identification, Contact identification and IP address usages. By switching between these tabs you can view and enter the corresponding information.
In this tab you can enter the name, middle and last name of a user, the name of the organization for which they work, department, job title, contact phone number and address, in the corresponding text boxes.
In this tab you can view the information about the Windows Active Directory account of the selected user.
This tab contains the user’s network contacts (email addresses, ICQ numbers, Skype and Viber accounts). Though the system enables automatic linking of contact information to user cards, you can add contact data to the user card manually.
IP address usages
This tab contains the IP-address usage history for selected user. IP address usage history reflects what IP addresses were used by this user and within which time interval.
Viewing user network activity report
The user network activity window has two main components: the user activity report board in the right part, the users list in the left part. To open a network activity report for a certain user, select the corresponding user in the user list and just double-click his name or click Build report on the report board toolbar.
The report can be saved to the HTML file. After saving the report data in the HTML format can be opened with a web browser.
Viewing daily network activity of a certain user
You will be able to see the number of messages, emails, requests, or files that the current user sent or received every hour within the specified period of time. If there was no network activity within a certain period of time, only a date will be displayed (without an hourly activity specification) and statement “No intercepted data found”.
The total quantity of all data types is indicated on the information panel next to the corresponding date in the form of active links.
Clicking on each link, you can open a report with all data of corresponding type (Mails, Conversations, Files, etc.) captured within the selected day. “All documents” link opens a report containing all information collected for the selected user during the whole day.
- Specifying the report period
The user activity can be displayed for various time periods: Today, Past 2 days, Past 7 days, Past 30 days, Date range.
- Report refresh
The system database of intercepted data is updated in the real-time mode.
- Saving a user activity report
There is a possibility to save a currently displaying user activity report to the HTML file. After saving the report data in the HTML format can be opened with a web browser.
Viewing different types of intercepted data
Various types of data are presented in the report in the corresponding columns. The information provided in the report is grouped by four main categories: mail messages, instant messenger conversations, transferred files and visited web resources.
Report provides the total number of mail messages hourly for a certain period of time with the number of sent and received mail messages specified. You can both view all the mail messages found and choose to view only sent or received messages.
Report provides the total number of conversations hourly for a certain period of time with the number of messages sent by the current user.
Report provides the total number of files sent or received by the current user hourly for a certain period of time.
Report provides the total number of visited web resources or sent requests of the current user hourly for a certain period of time.
Report provides the total number of screenshots, computer activity statistic and keylogger data taken at the user’s workstation hourly for a certain period of time.
Viewing user’s activity statistics
To view a user’s activity statistics go to the corresponding tab in the lower part of the user activity report window.
The information on the selected user’s network activity in the Activity statistic tab is displayed in the form of diagrams.
The following diagrams are displayed in the Activity statistic tab:
– Sent mails statistic (the diagram displays the number of outgoing e-mails sent by user on every date in the selected time period);
– Received mails statistic (the diagram displays the number of incoming e-mails received by user on every date in the selected time period);
– Conversations statistic (the diagram displays the number of IM communication sessions the user participated in on every date in the selected time period);
– Conversation messages statistic (the diagram displays the number of instant messages sent and received by user on every date in the selected time period);
– Files statistic (the diagram displays the number of files sent and received by user as attachments to e-mails or via IMs on every date in the selected time period)
– URLs statistic (the diagram displays the number of URLs visited by user on every date in the selected time period)
– Posts statistic (the diagram displays the number records posted by user in blogs, forums or social networks or otherwise entered into text boxes on webpages, including search queries, on every date in the selected time period);
– Printers usage statistic (the diagram displays the number of printed documents);
– User activity statistic ( time of user computer activity is shown. The tops of the chart link to detailed information about user activity on the selected day);
– Web browsers statistic (the duration of user web activity with help of browsers);
– Clipboard statistic (the number of clipboard copy per day);
– Keylogger statistic (the number of keystrokes per day).
Viewing user relations with Graph-analyzer
- To view a user relations Graph-analyzer
- Viewing a local user card
- Recognized contact information
- Unrecognized contact information
- Linking information to users
- Search among the existing users
To view a user relations Graph-analyzer
All the contact of the selected user will be graphically displayed in the graph form in the window, i.e. all other users person has exchanged emails, instant messages and files with.
Viewing a local user card
Recognized contact information
Unrecognized contact information
Linking information to users
Search among the existing users