Compute made simple
Designed for budget-conscious businesses looking for an adaptable server to meet growing needs
Positioning: Single-socket entry-level rack server designed for businesses looking for enterprise class features at prices they can afford.
Key Fact: The Dell EMC PowerEdge R240 is designed for budget-conscious businesses looking for an adaptable server to meet growing needs and it is simple to install, manage, and deploy.
Ideal for small business and service providers seeking an affordable 1U rack server that is easy to install, manage, and deploy
- Affordable server that will help businesses get organized and increase productivity
- Upgrade/replace existing rack servers: more performance (compute, memory, storage)
- Web hosting, Information sharing/collaboration, file and print, Microsoft exchange, back and recovery
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
- Manage expenses – stay within budget by leveraging technology innovations
- Deliver business results – need to focus on improving productivity
- Enhance the journey for customers and employees by reducing IT complexities
- Single-socket server with the latest architecture from Intel® Xeon® E-2200 processors (up to 8 cores) and up to 4 DIMMs of memory
- Scale up to (4) 3.5” cabled or hot-plug hard drives in a 1U rack server
- Homogeneous lifecycle management across PowerEdge servers to maintain optimal health status, simplify updates and provide predictive issue resolution