Built for versatility and value
Optimize for workloads with incredible local storage flexibility and capacity
Positioning: The Intel Xeon Scalable Processor powered PowerEdge R540 delivers the ideal balance of resources and affordability to adapt to a variety of application demands.
Key Fact: Balanced set of resources, expandability and affordability the R540 adapts to data center demands with a value optimized design.
• Mid-range general application and collaboration applications (Exchange, Lync, SharePoint)
• Web tech storage server
• Video streaming, video surveillance
• Backup server & SDS
• Mid-range collaboration applications
(Exchange, Lync, SharePoint)
• Large capacity of internal storage used for backups, video surveillance, video streaming
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
• Needs high capacity storage and does not need the performance of NVMe drives
• Need a value priced server that has good performance and scalability but not the top performance of R740xd
• Using 3.5” HDD’s for capacity storage
- Up to 14 3.5” drives, 196TB max capacity.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- Max of 1TB* of memory
- 27% more processing cores and 50% more bandwidth with Xeon®SP vs Xeon®E5 v4.
- Embedded SupportAssist for faster, automated issue diagnosis and remediation.
- Cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot ensures data safety.
- Security lockdown that protects your server configuration and firmware (BIOS, iDRAC & RAID) from malicious changes.
- Utilzing the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processor with up to 28 compute cores, increased memory bandwidth with six memory channels and I/O improvements of 48 lanes for significant increase in PCIe bandwidth.