Turbocharge your data analytics
Designed to drive data analytics
Positioning: The PowerEdge R840 is designed to drive faster insights for data-intensive and data analytic workloads.
Key Fact: Power business-critical workloads with four-socket performance, large memory and versatile resource options like direct-attached NVMe drives in a dense 2U design.
• Mid-sized SMB customers to large enterprises and organizations
• Finance, Telco, Security Providers, IT, Industrial, Public
• Business-critical workloads like data analytics, data-intensive applications and HPC (like High Frequency Trading)
• Workload consolidation, dense virtualization and in-memory databases
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
• Keeping up with the analytical demands of ever growing data
• Needs high performance results and performance and capacity scalability
• Existing database infrastructure that is unable to keep up with business and customer demands.
• Supporting more VM’s within a single platform
- Minimize latency with up to 24 direct-attached NVMe drives
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs and SSDs, 62% more than the previous generation.*
- Accelerate applications with up to 2 doublewide GPUs or up to 2 FH FPGAs.
- Speed data transfers with a fully integrated ultra path interconnect across all four sockets.
- Eliminate bottlenecks with up to 15.36TB of memory and 48 DIMMs, including up to 24 DCPMMs or 12 NVDIMMs.