Rapidly transform data analytics into business outcomes
Positioning: Dell EMC PowerEdge R940xa is a powerful, four-socket rack server designed to accelerate artificial intelligence and machine learning workloads.
Key Fact: The R940xa combines four CPUs with four GPUs in a powerful 1:1 ratio to drive database acceleration.
• Mid-sized SMB to large enterprises and organizations
• IT, Large Technology Companies, Finance and Banking, Telco. Security Solution
• Compute-intensive applications, GPU database acceleration, artificial intelligence and machine learning
• Next gen sequencing, SAP HANA
• Industry-specific applications
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
• Requires extensive CPU+GPU resources to meet the heavy demands of computeintensive applications
• Needs high performance results and performance and capacity scalability
• Existing database infrastructure that is unable to keep up with business and customer demands
• Consolidating multiple applications in a single platform
- Maximize performance with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 112 cores.
- Drive workloads with up to 4 double-wide GPUs or up to 4 double-width or single-width 8 FPGAs for application acceleration.
- Support large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (including up to 24 DCPMMs or 12 NVDIMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory.
- Scale on-premise capacity with up to 32 x. 2.5” HDDs/SSDs and up to 4 directattached NVMe drives.
- Expand quickly with up to 12 PCIe slots for external device connections.