Powerful, expandable and quiet
Balance performance and capacity
Positioning: The PowerEdge T440 tower server delivers powerful 2-socket performance, expandability and quiet operation for SMB offices or remote sites.
Key Fact: The Intel Xeon Scalable Processor powered T440 brings flexibility with a rack-capable tower form factor, short 22-inch depth and future-proof performance, capacity and I/O options.
- Offices or data centers of SMB, Enterprises and Public organizations
- ROBO of large enterprises and organizations
- Workgroup collaboration and productivity
- Mail and messaging
- File and print serving
- Web serving and database applications
- Server consolidation and virtualization
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
- Current server has run out of capacity and can’t support growing number of employees/ customers
- Performance of current server has degraded and response times are slow
- Current systems management is too complex
- Very large internal storage capacity for this class of server – up to 4 or 8 x 3.5” HDD or 16 x 2.5” HDD – plus 1 GPU option – eliminating the need for external storage
- Up to 2 powerful processors, large memory capacity (16 DDR4 DIMMs, 33% more than the T430*) and 5 PCIe Gen3 I/O slots for data transfer, and new features that build security into all parts of a server’s life cycle
- Intelligent automation that saves time and money, and reduces potential for error
- Utilzing the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processor with up to 28 compute cores, increased memory bandwidth with six memory channels and I/O improvements of 48 lanes for significant increase in PCIe bandwidth.