Versatile, scalable and powerful
Maximum performance and expandability
Positioning: The Intel Xeon Scalable Processor powered PowerEdge T640 delivers ultimate two-socket performance and massive Internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform.
Key Fact: Accelerate diverse workloads and futureproof your data center with flexible storage, GPU, NVMe and I/O options.
- Large SMB customers
- Departments and ROBO of large enterprises and organizations
- Data centers
- Large capacity storage inside the chassis and options for external storage (Consolidation, database, business analytics and intelligence, SDS)
- Advanced graphical options for workload acceleration (Virtualization and applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science)
Customer Challenges / Pain Points
- Insufficient capacity to support diverse workloads for growing number of employees
- No space or budget for external storage and no slots to add more GPU’s in current server
- Current systems management takes too much time and is too complex
- Address massive data growth with up to 8 or 18 x 3.5″ or up to 16 or 32 x 2.5″ drives and 8 PCIe slots for future expansion
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections. (Double the NVMe drives and 10x faster Ethernet ports than T630*)
- Intelligent automation to save time and integrated security to ensure server protected throughout its lifecycle
- Utilzing the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processor with up to 28 compute cores, increased memory bandwidth with six memory channels and I/O improvements of 48 lanes for significant increase in PCIe bandwidth.