Drive business success with a data center under your desk
The PowerEdge VRTX modular infrastructure solution offers “under your desk” dimensions, ease of management and quiet acoustics so you can operate non-disruptively. Features such as Fresh Air validated configurations and standard power options help keep your operating expenses in check. Address a wide variety of workloads with future-proof compute, storage and networking options within a single chassis.
- Small and home office (SOHO) environments where data center access is not available
- Remote and branch offices (ROBO) that need local storage and have reduced network access
Adapt and scale with an expandable, modular solution
The PowerEdge VRTX is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your capacity and performance with versatile, swappable components.
- Up to four hot-plug PowerEdge server nodes (4-socket M830 and 2-socket M640 or M630)
- Up to 12 x 3.5″ or 25 x 2.5″ HDDs/SSDs internal storage
- Up to four MD1200 (12 x 3.5″) or MD1220 (24 x 2.5″) JBOD disk arrays
- GPU accelerators (within the chassis) and NVMe drive options (within the M640)
- 10GbE or 1GbE, or Ethernet pass-through module options
- Up to three full height and five low profile PCIe slots
Simplify management with intelligent automation
Dell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities. Plus, you can easily manage your VRTX components — networking, storage and servers — in a single console with the Chassis Management Controller (CMC).
Protect your business with integrated security
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down
- Scale safely on premise to help avoid security risks and rising cloud fees